Sunday, March 23, 2008

What I want to do.

I have a lot of projects waiting to be done, so I thought I'd record them here, so I can check back and maybe cross them off as they get done.

1. I just found the amazing Soto Softies blog today, and my mom came over and looked at it, as well, and immediately strongly demanded requested I make her an owl like this one. I doubt anything I put together will look as adorable and beautiful as that one, but I'll give it a try. I love the use of wood textured materials for the body of the owl.

2. An apron! I have this awesome dinosaur print that I got on sale a while ago, and it's a bit tough and resilient, so I'm going to try to make an apron out of it. To give you an idea of how long this project's been waiting, I got the pattern on sale on Black Friday, when all the patterns at Joann's were around $2.

3. Another cheap pattern I got, and more dinosaur print -- pajama pants. I don't really know how to read patterns or anything, so I figured a simple design like this would be a good project to use to learn to read patterns. And, of course, I got some soft flannel dinosaur print to use!

4. The dinosaur quilt I've mentioned before. (Jeez, I need to get out of this dinosaur rut!)

5. My mom has also especially requested I make her a pencil, like I made my brother.

6. A Warcraft fire elemental for an Arkansawyer friend.

7. Another Voidwalker for my Ohioan friend. (Is that the right word? I have no idea.)

8. A frog! One of the independent craft stores in my area has a wide selection of animal eyes, and I found these amazingly neat googly frog gyes for only 59 cents! So, of course, I have to figure out how to make a frog now.

I recently checked out the books Toys to Sew by Claire Garland and Plush-O-Rama by Linda Kopp and they've both inspired me in SO many ways. The latter is more my style, generally, but both books are filled to the brim with interesting ideas and patterns. I only have them from the library right now, but I might have to buy them. I've also been inspired by lots of blogs that I check out, so I look forward to any opportunity that allows me to experiment with the ideas floating around my head.

Another blog I recently found and absolutely adore is a stitch in dye. The photography is inspiring, and her quilting finesse is amazing. I just love everything about it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I did not "DEMAND". I just mentioned how nice it would be to own a cute little stuffed owl. One day .... I hope.