Saturday, March 8, 2008

I love fabric sales.

When I was buying the fabric for the placemats and napkins I posted about earlier, back in November, I found this amazing, brightly-colored, cartoony, Zodiac print in the bargin bin. There was around two yards for only a dollar -- how could I pass it by? And as soon as I saw it, I knew exactly what I was going to do with the material.



The pillow I ended up making for my dear friend is, actually, the thing I'm most proud of, to date. The sleeve fits the pillow form very well, and -- beading! I beaded the middle section, since she's an Aquarius, and I had never beaded anything before, and think it looks very nice. It's hard to see, with the picture, but just imagine it is very detailed.

It was very well received, which is always nice, and her roommate is actually insisting I make her a matching pillow -- which, of course, I am. She's a Taurus, and I'm doing the fleece pink instead of green.

No comments: