Friday, May 16, 2008

I need to learn how to -actually- crochet.

I was taught how to crochet by my roommate last year, and all I really know is one lonely stitch. Looking at amazing patterns such as these jelly fish! makes me really wish I knew how to -actually- crochet. A friend taught me the beginnings of knitting last night, and I think I feel comfortable knitting and purling now, but I need to find some way to learn how to crochet better. Does anyone know any really great online resources, or books I should look into?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Didn't you already know how to knit? I seem to remember you knitting me a scarf. Or where you doing it wrong/not the best way?

All I know about crocheting is that my great grandma and great aunt crochet(ed) afgans, so to me it will always mean ugly but comfy blanket making. <3

Anonymous said...

I'm a novice crocheter (spelling??) and had zero crochet experience when I started, but I bought the book Stitch n Bitch crochet, which has everything you need plus illustrations. Just rom that book I learned so much that now I'm teaching my friends to crochet. I just finished crocheting a hat an hour ago.